Cameron is a leading equipment and services provider in the oil and gas industry. In such a highly regulated environment, maintaining that status requires incredible levels of documentation from quality control to compliance, test certificates, and more.
Due to an inefficient legacy document archiving system, Cameron was struggling with the time and resources required to produce final invoices and a Manufacturer’s Record Book (MRB). Some of those had as many as 5,000 pages and took up to four months to create and process.
With a system that required a tedious and painstaking process to assemble an MRB, they faced challenges including:
- Inconsistent document formats
- Multiple document sources
- No centralized access
- Extensive document lifecycles
- Missing documentation
- Incomplete documentation
Cameron realized they had to update their business processes and migrate to a solution fully integrated with their core SAP platform. Partnering with Optima for the system redesign and SAP integration, Cameron deployed SAP Extended ECM to achieve a complete digital transformation of their MRB process to dramatically improve efficiency and elevate their business to a new level of operational excellence.
- Reduced time to produce final invoices and MRBs, sometimes with as many as 5,000 pages, from four months to three weeks
- Decommissioned a costly, inefficient, and disconnected legacy document archiving system
- Enabled digital ingesting of all documentation leveraging advanced machine learning to reduce manual paperwork and document management
- Enabled access to all assets through both SAP and web interface
- Enabled Quality Assurance team to review new documents and resolve any issues before they impact timelines
- Automated quality control processes system-wide
- Extended the utility and increased the return on of their SAP technology investment
Cameron, a Schlumberger Company since 2016, is a worldwide supplier to the complex oil and gas industry. They provide industry-leading wellhead and surface equipment as well as flow control products, systems, and services related to energy resource discovery and extraction. They offer complete drilling and production systems enabled by Schlumberger expertise in instrumentation, data processing, control software, and system integration.