In today’s highly competitive pharmaceuticals landscape, pharma startups in the nascent stages of development are always just one drug away from expansive mainstream traction. Companies that can’t quickly shift into high gear are at a marked disadvantage - a reality that underscores the pronounced importance of operational agility and having an innovation partner that can help navigate sudden growth trajectories with confidence.
At the end of 2021, Dermavant launched a digital transformation initiative to improve the organization’s internal workflows and accentuate AP system capabilities. Dermavant had initiated a larger S4/HANA migration with Clarkston, a technology and management consultancy, and Optima was brought in as specialists for the SAP Invoice Management and SAP Information Capture Core aspects of the project. Due to their rapid expansion, they had a rigid delivery time-frame but could not forgo a rigorous testing phase, which was imperative ahead of deployment.
Dermavant's existing solution had placed a glass ceiling over the company’s growth plans. An inefficient invoice management framework was causing excessive invoice errors, protracted payment delays, and frustrating misplacement of key documentation. Additionally, they needed a scalable invoice model that could optimize end-to-end invoice processing, a best-in-class OCR solution, and expert assistance to navigate their transition from Oracle.
Enhanced and Optimized Results
Working with the Dermavant and S/4 teams, Optima developed and delivered a sophisticated invoice management process designed to deliver major efficiency gains for Dermavant. Optima’s complete solution:
- Provided complete operational visibility across the invoice lifecycle
- Significantly increased the number of early payment discounts taken
- Established one centralized archiving system/solution for invoices while ensuring their backup information visibility within SAP to support processes and audit queries
- Facilitated greater collaboration around issue resolution to greatly reduce frequency of unnecessary invoice status and inquiry calls
- Embedded efficient automated processes, including invoice approval and routing with resolution option methodology for invoice exceptions (PO and Non/PO Invoices)
- Enabled robust communication tools for direct and documented vendor communication
- Bolstered Dermavant’s duplicate invoice identification capabilities to prevent the posting and payment of the same invoice multiple times
With these improvements, Dermavant is now in prime position to realize the full benefits of the powerful S/4HANA platform as they embark on an exciting and expansive phase of growth - while underscoring their credentials as an industry leader at the vanguard of biopharmaceutical innovation.
Dermavant Sciences, a subsidiary of Roivant Sciences, is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to developing and commercializing innovative therapeutics in immuno-dermatology. Dermavant’s overarching mission is to develop therapies that have the potential to address highly prevalent medical needs while driving greater efficiency in research and clinical development. The company’s robust medical dermatology pipeline includes both early and late-stage development product candidates the company believes could address important immuno-dermatological conditions, including psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, vitiligo, primary focal hyperhidrosis, and acne.