At Optima ECM, we have a reputation for our best-in-class SAP solutions. As one of the only woman-owned SAP Gold Partners, Optima has spent years participating in SAP events worldwide as we champion the digital transformation revolution. We've consistently involved ourselves in essential knowledge-based conferences such as SAPPHIRE and SAP-Centric Financials. These conferences offer a unique opportunity to showcase the challenges and solutions we encounter, and allow us to connect and collaborate with partners and customers throughout the SAP industry.
Optima recently had a chance to return to in-person gatherings, including the ability to sponsor and attend two ASUG events in early 2022.
Returning to Build a New Normal
As an enterprise content management company, Optima ECM understands the value of remote work. Most of our activity is cloud-based, and we have enjoyed helping our customers thrive throughout the recent operational challenges presented by the pandemic.
However, one area that we couldn't rectify was the ability (or lack thereof) to gather together at in-person events. The global crisis shuttered conferences for years as the world grappled with coronavirus issues, and in-person events are just starting to open back up.
While we're still being careful, the Optima team is cautiously optimistic about establishing a post-pandemic normal. We are enjoying getting back to public gatherings where we can speak with clients, partners, and others within the SAP community. Most recently, we’ve attended a pair of ASUG events in Denver, Colorado and Phoenix, Arizona.
Optima’s ASUG Attendance and Sponsorship
ASUG has created one of the foremost SAP networks in existence. This includes customers, partners, and other professionals associated with the SAP world.
While ASUG offers many insights and educational experiences, one of its most significant benefits to the SAP community is its lengthy list of networking events throughout the year. These events include the ASUG Executive Exchange, ASUG Women Connect, and many Regional Chapter Events.
Optima has teams all over the world, which makes it possible for us to easily get involved in many ASUG events — including some of the regional ones. In particular, Optima participated in the Arizona and Colorado ASUG chapter meetings, and we couldn’t be more excited by the outcome. It was great to see the SAP community in person again — and contribute in additional ways at each event.
ASUG Arizona Chapter
ASUG’s Arizona’s Spring 2022 chapter meeting took place at Topgolf - Scottsdale, where SAP professionals had a chance to learn, network … and golf!
Three sessions made up the educational portion of the event (with their slides included here). These focused on several important topics for the SAP community, including:
- DevOps Automation for SAP: How a leading communication technology provider is driving innovation
- Jacques Taplin, the Client Director for Basis Technologies, led this session. It focused on topics crucial to DevOps, including changing IT Methodology and the evolution toward agile DevOps.
- SAP S/4HANA Roadmap to the Intelligent Enterprise
- Michael DiGiandomenica, the Global Director for s/4HANA, led this session. It included an overview of the transition to the SAP S/4HANA System, how to build a transition roadmap, and supporting transition case studies.
- Syntax — How to Unlock the Potential of Your SAP Data
- Led by the team from Syntax, this session focused on the ability to tap into data lakes, warehouses, and analytics.
Each of these provided an enlightening opportunity to learn more about the cutting-edge evolution of SAP.
Optima was an Official Sponsor of the ASUG Colorado Chapter Event
Attending the Arizona chapter of ASUG was a treat and we were able to take things up a notch at the Colorado chapter of the organization, where we were official sponsors of the event.
Once again, there were several key educational opportunities presented at the CO chapter, including:
- Expedite your SAP Digital Transformation Journey with Low-Code Development
- Mike McCane from Titan Consulting and Rapid App Werks led this session. McCane covered how to deploy the Mendix solution into an SAP ecosystem. Once again, the explanation found support in case studies and a live demo.
- Digital Transformation Will Drive Cloud Migrations & SAP S/4HANA Value – Don’t Be Left Behind
- Russel Sloan of SNP presented this session. It focused on the simplicity and ease of migrating legacy systems to a cloud-based ERP system like S/4HANA. It also covered how to maintain a near-zero downtime approach and, by extension, better business continuity.
- Demystifying RISE with SAP
- George LeBron, Senior Director at S/4HANA, led this session. It covered the meteoric rise of the company by the same name. RISE with SAP has seen impressive uptake in its first year after launch, and the S/4HANA director covered how RISE relates to Intelligent Enterprise and other SAP technologies.
There were many more superb, knowledge-focused sessions as well, but at the end of the day the Colorado session ended with a bonus. After the official schedule wrapped up, attendees shifted to a post-event happy hour at the Tivoli Brewery sponsored by Optima. This provided a relaxing ending to an information-packed event.
Optima Is Looking Forward to Future SAP Events
The Optima team is thrilled to be out on the road again. The digital world is extremely beneficial to modern life (and, with our SAP solutions, much easier to navigate). Even so, there’s nothing that can quite beat the in-person experience. We are looking forward to other upcoming SAP events and hope to see you at the next one.
In the meantime, let us know if you have any questions about the topics referenced above. Also, feel free to review our ECM Insights section for additional articles, case studies, and SAP and OpenText-related resources.
To get you started on your digital transformation journey efficiently, Optima developed a unique DCS Health Check, a low-cost, comprehensive evaluation of your current environment. Our proprietary methodology analyzes your current system to prepare you to get the most from RISE with SAP.
Learn more about our DCS Health Check below, and how it is a vital first step to get them most from your technology and start your transformation to an intelligent enterprise.