Join us at SAP for Utilities in San Diego
September 18-20, utilities companies and SAP experts from around the nation will be converging in San Diego for the SAP for Utilities conference to learn and share proven best-practices to minimize costs and maximize the benefits of their technology investment.
As one of this year’s sponsors, Optima will be sharing our knowledge and experience in several overlapping critical areas:
- Working Capital Management
- ESG Performance in Supply Chain
- B2B Collaboration with Suppliers
- Spend Management
- Content, Compliance, and Efficiency
If you are attending the conference, or the additional opportunity to play golf at Torrey Pines, let us know and we can set up a time to talk. We are also hosting a unique Wine in the Village event to unwind and shake off the confines of the conference rooms at the end of the long day of sessions. Let us know if you’d like more details.
Sessions of Interest
The agenda for SAP for Utilities is packed with interesting and insightful sessions that will provide value to everyone in attendance and viewing online. We’ve selected a few to highlight below, but review the full agenda for the complete list, and let us know what sessions you’ll be attending.
- A Conversation with the Seven-Time Grand-Slam Champion Venus Williams
- Join us for an engaging and inspiring conversation about the changing landscape of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We’ll explore how business leaders like you can inspire change.
- Women Connect Panel and Luncheon
- ASUG Women Connect exists to help visualize and inspire success. Connect with fellow female and underrepresented gender identity colleagues, and hear peers in SAP technology discuss the triumphs and challenges they face within utilities-and the ever-changing digital transformation landscape.
- Ask the Experts: Resources Industries Transformation Journey
- With a requirement to supply cleaner power and more of it, the energy sector will be forced to make digital innovation its most important strategic goal. Carbon neutrality and the changing demands of regulators and consumers mean energy companies must invest in technology and talent to reinvent themselves, reduce operating costs, and get ahead in the global electrification race. Come meet our experts and hear “what an open source utilities industry business look like with Hybrid Cloud IT, Cloud Native transformation, on environments running SAP.
- The Chicken or the Egg: Which Comes First? Business Process or Business Data
- Data Management and Business Process Management go hand in hand when planning and executing business imperatives in today’s digital environment. Join this session to learn about and understand the importance of SAP Signavio for managing business processes and enterprise performance, and SAP BTP to establish a data management foundation that ensures your business process activities are supported with high-quality data.
- NorthWestern Energy – Accelerating Digital Transformation with SAP S/4 HANA
- NorthWestern Energy (NWE) is a large Electric and Gas Utility serving over 750K customers across Montana, Nebraska and South Dakota jurisdictions. NWE engaged a Systems Integrator to help with their transformational journey to migrate their current SAP ECC solution to SAP’s next generation offering, S/4 HANA. The move to S/4 will provide NorthWestern Energy with a faster, higher-performing ERP system that reduces technical debt, eases user adoption through the new Fiori UI, and allow implementation of future SAP innovations and support. NWE’s S/4 migration was delivered in 10-month leveraging accelerators and a rapid move approach. This project helped NWE simplify and standardize processes, cleanse, or remove unneeded legacy data, eliminate unused SAP transactions and migrate historical data to SAP.
- The Future of Finance: Real-Time. The Opportunity: Business Predictability
- The pace of change in the utility and energy sector is accelerating due to new technology as well as major forces happening simultaneously across a range of issues – each of which introduces significant business risks: climate change , storm recovery , regulatory changes , energy volatility , customer expectations , new market entrants . Though no one can avoid the risks, managing them is critical to ensuring the health and sustainability of your business. Of course, the holy grail is business predictability, but can you really get there? This panel of finance experts will discuss the current business landscape, identify the top challenges they see, and share their actions and plans for managing risks, improving predictability, and securing cost-of-service recovery.
- SAP S/4HANA Transformation Road Map-Convert Challenges into a Business Case
- In the next three years, 88% of U.S. energy and power companies will embrace SAP S/4HANA for its speed, as well as its improvements in maximizing memory usage, integration with next-generation technologies, and optimized user experience. So, what do we need to convert business-critical pain points into a business case for this transformation? Attend this session to learn why it’s essential to pave the way to a successful migration-with the new 2027 deadline-using a road map that will support: Improved user experiences; Optimized system performance; Faster response times and analytics; Reduced costs
- Utilizing SAP Ariba to Drive Digital Transformation & Operational Efficiency at Sempra Infrastructure
- Even the best predictions failed to anticipate several challenges we’ve experienced. Join SAP and Deloitte as they advise how to shape your business strategy post-pandemic. They’ll also discuss the importance of procurement in that strategy. Over the last year, procurement organizations moved away from simply managing and optimizing processes to becoming pivotal in solving critical business problems. Moving forward, procurement professionals should propose solutions that help companies navigate troubled, uncertain waters. Creative procurement solutions can address some of the biggest challenges businesses continue facing today. Such challenges include, but aren’t limited to, managing supply shortages; rethinking a globalized supply chain; leaning on a vibrant external workforce in the face of the great resignation; and focusing on working capital while global inflation rises.
View the session details for more information, or contact us for a deeper discussion about your challenges and which sessions would provide the most value for you.
To get you started on your digital transformation journey efficiently, Optima developed a unique DCS Health Check, a low-cost, comprehensive evaluation of your current environment. Our proprietary methodology analyzes your current system to prepare you to get the most from your systems and solutions.
Learn more about our DCS Health Check below, and how it is a vital first step to get them most from your technology and start your transformation to an intelligent enterprise.